I. Information Collection and Privacy
- Collecting Information: Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the app/site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- We automatically collect aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity but that relates to your use of the Site. This kind of information is "passively" collected from you through browser navigational tools, such as cookies and pixel tags. These types of technologies enable us to compile statistics about our daily number of site visitors or specific page requests, while not identifying you personally, other than by your IP address, which is the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you use to access the Site.
- When you create a profile on Kindly, we ask you for your first name, last name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth.
- During the profile creation we may also ask you questions related to your skills, interests and other affiliations.
- When you sign up to donate through Kindly, we may redirect you to an outside provider to process these transactions. The provider uses a secure serve so your credit card number and other personal information will be encrypted and will remain confidential.
- When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, we ask you for your full name, e-mail address and street address.
- When you register for our events, we may ask you for an emergency contact person and their contact information.
- Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Kindly, such as sharing your event details, posting a status update or uploading a photo.
You may choose to publish your location at events and in your Kindly profile. You may also tell us your location when you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services and to improve and customize the Services, for example, enabling automatic event check-in and for providing relevant content like volunteer opportunities, stories, ads, and suggestions for other community members to follow. Links:
Kindly may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on. Cookies:
Like many websites, we use "cookie" technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve our Services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our Services such as searching and looking at public user profiles or lists. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer's hard disk. Kindly may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to understand better how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to customize and improve our Services. We may use "analytical" cookies to recognize and count the number of visitors to the site and to see how visitors move around the site when using it. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. Log Data:
Our servers automatically record information ("Log Data") created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, interact with our email notifications, use your Kindly-Account to authenticate to a third-party website or application or visit a third-party website that includes a Kindly button or widget. Kindly uses Log Data to provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve them. Widget Data:
We may tailor content for you based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Kindly buttons or widgets. When these websites first load our buttons or widgets for display, we receive Log Data, including the web page you visited and a cookie that identifies your browser ("Widget Data"). While we have the Widget Data, we may use it to tailor content for you, such as suggestions for compasses or people to follow on Kindly. Third-Party Service Providers:
- General Use of Information: We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
II. Sharing Information Your Consent:
- as part of our efforts to keep Kindly products, services, and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect Kindly's or others' rights or property;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on Kindly; and
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement. Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Kindly as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
- We also upload information into our database, which is hosted by, a third-party database service provider.
- Through our outside database service provider, Kindly may use your e-mail address to send you a variety of e-mail communications such as (i) notices about Kindly local events and programs, (ii) newsletters from Kindly, (iii) solicitations to support an Kindly position on an issue, and (iv) solicitations to donate money to Kindly.
- Kindly may provide your name and mailing address to one of the direct mail service providers that prints and distributes print mailings on Kindly's behalf.
- Your personally identifying information will be uploaded into our donor database, which we maintain at Kindly's office and which is hosted by our outside database service provider.
- If you provide your e-mail address in connection with your gift, your e-mail address will be added to our database. Through our outside database service provider, Kindly may use your e-mail address to send you a variety of e-mail communications such as (i) notices about Kindly local events and programs, (ii) newsletters from Kindly, (iii) solicitations to support an Kindly position on an issue, and (iv) solicitations to donate money to Kindly.
- Our website stores the information you provide on the registration form and makes it available to us. We use it to confirm your registration and to send you e-mails through that provider about the conference for which you registered. Every e-mail will offer you the chance to opt out from future e-mails.
- In addition, if you are not in our database, we will store your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number in our database.
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your Kindly account. Service Providers (including nonprofit partners):
This includes, without limitation, (1) sharing personally identifying information that we collect when you register or give a gift online with our outside database service provider and our outside credit-card processor; (2) sharing the personally identifying information that we collect when you register for our events with our conference registration service provider and with our database service provider; and (3) if Kindly is required to disclose your personally identifying information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, that company will comply with such law, court order, or regulation. Partner organizations:
By registering for a volunteer event, you authorize the distribution of private personal information to the organization facilitating the volunteer opportunity. Law and Harm:
When you use Kindly, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, the Kindly Score created, your public profile, the people you follow or that follow you, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did), tips, likes, public photos and lists of friends, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as anonymized geo-data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users of our API, for analytical or other purposes. III. Advice for sharing content Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name: This helps your friends find you.
- Profile Pictures and Cover Photos: These help your friends and volunteer managers recognize you. If you are uncomfortable making any of these photos public, you can always delete it. Unless you delete them, photos will remain public in your profile.
- Volunteer activity: Your generous volunteer activity is celebrated as part of your profile. Other users can see the events you are registered for as well as events that you have previously participated in. Your participation is also publicly represented by your "Kindly score" (an accumulation of points representing your participation) and "badges" (icons representing achievements and certifications).
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. V. Security of Personal Information
Your Kindly account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
To prevent unauthorized access and protect against the incorrect use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. We adopted a number of recognized standards to protect the privacy of your information. These standards are supported by security monitoring tools, documented security policies, and periodic security audits by independent experts. The security measures include 24 hour monitoring of site activities. Personnel are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and sign a statement acknowledging they will maintain the confidentiality of your information before being granted access to such information. No personally confidential information data is stored on our servers. We also protect user information off-line. Access to user's information is restricted to personnel who need the information to perform a specific job duty and no such information is stored in Kindly offices.
Kindly endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Kindly cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
To learn more about, or to keep your personally identifying information accurate, current, and complete, please contact help@Kindly.org
. VI. Changes to this Policy